bootstrap breakpoints... need some clarification ' xs sm md lg'

yotube
0

Issue

So.. looking online, I see some recent articles stating that the xs breakpoint is 480px and below.. others.. state 767 and below..

I had the understanding (probably not correct) that xs was for phones (480px and below), .col-sm is for tablets (480 px to 767px) etc..

However, when I apply .hidden-xs -- it seems to hide where I would expect my tablet view... in the 480px to 767 range...

What am I doing wrong here?

The columns snap to stacking at 480px, but the .hidden features and .col-xs do not seem to change at that screen width.

I'm working with some crazy legacy code, but i'm fairly certain I've upgraded to the latest version of bootstrap.


Solution

The xs breakpoint actually handles screens from 767 pixels and below. The breakpoint widths are as follows:

  • xs= 0-767 pixels
  • sm = 768-991 pixels
  • md = 992-1199 pixels
  • lg = 1200 pixels and up

See http://getbootstrap.com/css/#grid

PLEASE NOTE THIS ANSWER IS FOR VERSION 3.0



Answered By - moodyjive

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top