Angular 2 Template Driven Form access ngForm in component

yotube
0

Issue

I want to use template driven forms in Angular 2 and I need to access the current ngForm in my directive, as local property and I don't want to pass them as parameter.

my form looks like this:

<form #frm="ngForm" (ngSubmit)="save(frm)">
<input [(ngModel)]="user.name" #name="ngForm" type="text">
<a (click)="showFrm()" class="btn btn-default">Show Frm</a>
</form>

and in my component

@Component({
selector: 'addUser',
templateUrl: `Templates/AddUser`,
})

export class AddUserComponent implements CanDeactivate {
public user: User;
// how can I use this without defining the whole form
// in my component I only want to use ngModel
public frm : ngForm | ControlGroup;

public showFrm() : void{
//logs undefined on the console
console.log(this.frm);
}
}

Is this possible, because I need to check if the myFrm ist valide or was touched in a function where I can't pass the current form as parameter e.g. "routerCanDeactivate" and I don't want to use model driven forms its way too much to write in code and I love the old school ng1 model binding.

I've updated my Example and the frm is not known in the component.


Solution

You need the ngControl attribute on the inputs you want to check.

<form #frm="ngForm" (ngSubmit)="save(frm)">
<input [(ngModel)]="user.name" #name="ngForm" ngControl="name" type="text">
<a (click)="showFrm()">Show Frm</a>
</form>

and in the component you can access the "frm" variable with

import {Component, ViewChild} from 'angular2/core';
...
@ViewChild('frm') public userFrm: NgForm;
...
public showFrm(): void{
console.log(this.userFrm);
}

You can't access the frm in the constructor, it's not there at this moment, but in the ngAfterViewInit you can access it.

since Angular 8 or so they have updated the parameters for ViewChild. Currently I need to use this syntax:

@ViewChild('frm', { static: true })userFrm: NgForm;


Answered By - squadwuschel
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top