Looking Back, Looking Forward

yotube
0

Well hello there, shiny new year. What am I going to do with you?

Parts of 2018 were a bit rubbish. My anxiety hit me over the head with a sledgehammer just when I thought it had left me alone completely, which led to me being signed off work for a couple of weeks. A knee injury I obtained last winter still hasn't healed, and having practically lived at the hospital this year seeing various physiotherapists and podiatrists, and even having an MRI, I'm wondering if it ever will. I fell out of love with blogging for a while, I had to go through two very unpleasant ordeals at work that I can't expand on here, and we had some sad family news.

But it's also been a great year. It took a while but I started to manage my anxiety again, and eventually I got back to work. I'm blogging again. I ticked off all the places on my travel wish list, having been to Brighton, Edinburgh, Paris, Amsterdam and New York in 2018. I got over my fear of flying. The two incidents at work seem to be over, and I've really developed myself there, being given more responsibilities. More recently, I've started volunteering again, this time at a local food bank - increasingly important in today's political climate, and something I've always wanted to do but never got round to doing. I've also been working on driving in unfamiliar places, something I've struggled with for years. That one is going to take a while, though.
Click for more »
Tags

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top