Knowing Your Worth, Valuing Your Work, and Being Taken for Granted

yotube
0
I'm really angry right now, and those that know me will know that I'm rarely angry. Disappointed, maybe, or annoyed, but I don't remember the last time I was angry... until now. Don't worry, you won't get the full force of it, but what I'm about to talk about is important, and even though I can't discuss the situation explicitly or name any names, this needs to be talked about.

Sit down, kids, it's story time.


A few months ago, I found a publishing house relatively close to me that didn't require experience or a degree. This, of course, is my dream, and I think I actually squealed when I discovered that they existed. I spent a week or two updating my CV and getting lovely people in publishing to look over my cover letter. (I'm still so thankful to these people. A section of the bookish community has my back, and that's amazing; I have yours, too!) The publisher didn't have any vacancies but it's always worth letting businesses know that you exist, should any suitable positions arise in future.
Click for more »

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)

#buttons=(Accept !) #days=(20)

Our website uses cookies to enhance your experience. Learn More
Accept !
To Top